Incoming short-term students (under the care of the IRO) are entitled to the University of Warsaw Electronic Student Card. Visiting students can apply for the Electrionc Student Card after they provide the IRO with a confirmation of payment for courses worth at least 15 ECTS.
How to apply for the Electronic Student Card (ELS)
1. Upload your photo in the online application
The photo should meet the same requirements as a passport photo:
→ your head must be directly facing the camera with your full face in view
→ background must be clear or plain white
→ there should be no shadows, lines or other marks
→ it has to be in colour
→ it cannot be a bad quality scan
2. Pay the 22 PLN (ca. 5 EUR) fee of the issuing of the card.
You can pay at any bank or post office using the following payment details:
Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28
Swift code/BIC: BIGBPLPW
opłata za wydanie ELS
3. Bring a confirmation of payment to the International Relations Office (IRO).
4. Sign the application form for the Electronic Student Card (provided by the IRO).
5. Collect the Electronic Student Card from the IRO on the day indicated by the IRO.
Validity of the ELS
The Electronic Student Card is valid from October 1st for students coming for the first semester or whole academic year.
ELS serves as a library card.
ELS entitles students to a 50% discount on public transportation. It can act as a carrier of long term tickets . A 30-day city travel card and a 90-day city travel card may be coded on it.