In case you lose your documents you should:

– call/visit the nearest Police station, so they can provide you with the document confirming that you have lost your legal documents;

– call your bank, so they can block your credit card;

– call/visit the embassy or consulate of your country, to obtain temporary documents or to apply for new ones;

-inform your contact person at the IRO UW about your situation.

It is a good practice to have copies of your documents kept somewhere else – for example, the photocopies at your accommodation venue and scans on your e-mail account or in the cloud.

When you encounter a robbery or an assault the first thing to do is to call 112 and inform the Police about your situation. When calling, remember to provide the operator with your localisation (as precise as you can) so that he or she can send help to you quickly and most efficiently, especially when there is a need of medical help. Informing your bank and the mobile operator is a good idea, if your credit card or phone were stolen, so they can block them. Again, having the copies of your documents (including the medical insurance and/or the European Health Insurance Card) and the numbers to your embassy/medical insurance provider/contact person in your home country is always a good practice, not only during the exchange program, but anytime you are travelling abroad.

Data publikacji: 14 września 2020