We would like to provide you with the most important updates regarding your stay at the University of Warsaw.
In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 among the University of Warsaw community, the Rector of the University of Warsaw issued an order stating the following:
· Lectures and classes for students and PhD students are cancelled until April 14th, 2020, with the exception of on-line courses. On-line courses are to be conducted as planned.
· Some of the regular courses will be conducted on-line starting from March 23rd, 2020. The list of courses that will be conducted on-line will be available by March 20th, 2020. (Please check your email regularly as the lecturers, Mobility Coordinators or other staff members will send you information on the status of your courses.)
- All open events, e.g. conferences, symposiums, open lectures, cultural events, etc. organized at the University of Warsaw between March 11th, 2020 and April 30th, 2020 are cancelled.
- The University Library is closed until April 14, 2020.
– return dates for borrowed books will be extended automatically,
– no penalties will be charged for keeping books borrowed beyond the set deadline.
All University of Warsaw students have remote access to the collection of books and electronic magazines subscribed by UW, available from the University of Warsaw Library (BUW) in the ‘Online resources’ tab (https://www.buw.uw.edu.pl/zasoby-online /), after logging (card number and password).”
- A ban on visits by all guests has been introduced at all University of Warsaw Dormitories and Guest Houses.
- All students and staff are required to immediately inform the University of Warsaw about a suspected Coronavirus – caused disease or the fact of being quarantined. In such an event all international exchange students are asked to contact the International Relations Office by email.
All the abovementioned measures are to be implemented starting from today (March 11th, 2020).
Please note that the Polish Chief Sanitary Inspectorate strongly discourages any travel at this time.
The International Relations Office is open from Monday to Thursday from 9.30 till 14.00. In case of any questions don’t hesitate to contact us by phone or email.
If you need any documents signed please contact us or the appropriate Mobility coordinator by email.
Please monitor the website of the University of Warsaw for any additional information.
We will keep you updated on the situation.