In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 among the University of Warsaw community, the Rector of the University of Warsaw issued an order stating the following:
- Lectures and classes for students and PhD students are cancelled until April 14th, 2020, with the exception of on-line courses. On-line courses are to be conducted as planned.
- Some of the regular courses will be conducted on-line starting from March 23rd, 2020. The list of courses that will be conducted on-line will be available by March 20th, 2020. Mobility coordinators and lecturers will keep the students updated on the situation.
- All open events, e.g. conferences, symposiums, open lectures, cultural events, etc. organized at the University of Warsaw between March 11th, 2020 and April 30th, 2020 are cancelled.
- A ban on visits by all guests has been introduced at all University of Warsaw Dormitories and Guest Houses.
- All students and staff are required to immediately inform the University of Warsaw about a suspected Coronavirus – caused disease or the fact of being quarantined. In such an event all international exchange students are asked to contact the International Relations Office by email.
At this point there are no plans to extend the duration of the academic year.
You can follow updates regarding the situation at http://en.uw.edu.pl/the-university-of-warsaw-announcements-on-coronavirus-sars-cov-2/