Welcoming of Erasmus+ and other exchange programmes’ students in the 1st semester of the academic year 2020/21 was held in a slightly different format than usual. Considering the restrictions resulting from the current epidemiological situation, most of the meetings took place online through tools such as Google Meet and Zoom.
The 2-week Intensive Online Polish Course, organised by the Centre of Polish Language and Culture for Foreigners “Polonicum” of the UW Faculty of Polish Studies, started on 14th September.
The following events took place between 1st and 15th October:
- IRO Information Meeting
- „Students welcome Students” Meeting organised together with ESN UW and UW Students’ Union
- Course registration training
- Introduction to Polish at Polonicum, concerning the offer of Polish language and culture courses for foreigners
- Library Instruction workshops with the University Library Instructor
- Meeting with PhD candidates of the UW Faculty of Law and Administration, concerning the issues related to renting a flat
- Information Meetings with Mobility Coordinators at several UW Faculties
- Cultural Orientation Workshop and Polish Culture and Intercultural Communication Workshop organised by UW Welcome Point
Bearing in mind the need to establish real relationships between students, walking tours with guides in small groups were also organised:
- Campus Tours around the UW Main Campus
- Warsaw Tours on the Royal Route and in the Old Town
In order to guarantee safety, it was necessary to register for a specific group, and the tours were carried out taking into consideration all health and safety measures imposed by Polish authorities.
Orientation Week schedule: